Saturday, July 23, 2011

27 weeks!

Well we are at 27 weeks now. Almost done with the 2nd trimester and on to the 3rd! I had an appointment with my NP on Wednesday and everything is going well. I passed my glucose tolerance test. I was worried about it because I did not know I would be doing it at the appointment so I ate breakfast and had some orange juice. I knew for sure that I wasn't going to pass and that I would have to do the 3 hour test, but I got lucky! They said my sugar was actually low. My iron was also a little low so more steak for me! We are just going to watch it for now and if it continues to be low then I will start an iron supplement.

Grady has definitely started to figure out that something is going to be changing soon. We are starting to set up the nursery and have gotten a few gifts from friends and family. We got a new toy for the baby and of course Grady wants it and thinks it is for her. She will go up to the changing table it is on and whine hoping we will give it to her. I have a feeling she is going to try to steal the baby toys all the time so we will have to watch her.


My sister had her baby 2 days ago. Cy Patrick Smith. 



He is sooooo cute. We can't wait to meet him! We are going to Idaho in a few weeks so I am counting down the days. I can't wait to love on him. Jessica says we can practice diaper changes while we are home . . . .fun. Now that Cy is here we can't wait for Baby Sela to arrive. Only a few more months!

3 comments:

  1. Love the picture of Grady at the dressing table. I think little boy Sela will be sharing toys with Grady all the time. He will love his dog friend, love the picture of Cy too, glad I will have a chance to meet him and hold him too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the blog Amber. Is little boy Sela's room pink? :) Glad things are going well in the pregnancy and am excited for you to see your nephew oh so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA! No the room is not pink, it is a khaki color. It does look pink in the picture though!

    ReplyDelete