Sunday, September 18, 2011

FGB6!

September 17th Kyle and I participated in Fight Gone Bad 6. It is a nation wide CrossFit event that raises funds and awareness for numerous causes. Some of the money raised this year went to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation and CrossFit Kids. The FGB workout consists of 5 different movements. You spend a minute at each station doing as many reps as possible of that movement then move on to the next. You do this for 3 rounds and have a one minute break in between rounds. The total workout takes 17 minutes. Kyle and I both did the workout yesterday. I wasn't sure I would be able to participate this year, but I was feeling good and Kyle judged me to make sure I didn't go over board. I really attribute feeling good (for the most part) throughout my pregnancy to the fact that I was able to continue working out. Hoping this will make my delivery and losing the baby weight a more positive experience. Here are some pictures of us at the event.

Kyle doing wall ball shots


Amber doing Sumo Deadlift High Pulls




We didn't get a picture of the box jumps.

Kyle doing a push press.



Rowing



We were able to raise $1150 for this event. Thanks again to our friends and family for all the donations. So far globally the CrossFit community has raised over $2 million! Awesome! Thanks to everyone at our gym, CrossFit Hyperformance http://www.crossfithyperformance.com/ for making this event happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment