Our good friends Nate and Katlin came to visit us in Savannah last weekend. They flew in on Wednesday afternoon. That evening we went downtown and had some seafood and showed them around town a little bit. Thursday we all gorged ourselves at Paula Deans restaurant downtown. I think we all consumed a stick of butter a piece by the time we were done. They had all kinds of "southern" food. Fried chicken, collard greens, black eyed peas, mac & cheese, mashed potatoes, cornbread pancakes, etc. After we ate we went to the park to try to walk some of it off, but I don't think it helped too much. We also went out to Tybee Island that evening to the beach. Kyle and Nate played football and Katlin and I enjoyed the water and walking around. It was a really nice night.
Friday we went to the Wormsloe Historic Site in Savannah. It is where some of the first settlers in Savannah lived. I think Nate enjoyed it the most since he is such a history buff. We did come across lots of lizards and a black snake, so we were a little jumpy walking through the trails.
Friday afternoon we made our way to Atlanta for the BSU/GA game. One of Katlins clients was doing a BBQ cook-off with one of the Atlanta BBQ restaurants so we got to help out with that. They started BBQing at midnight on Saturday morning to make sure the meat was ready for pre-game festivities. Nate and Katlin worked through most of the night. I got off the hook since I am pregnant . . . nice! :)
33 weeks!
Mmmmmmmm . . . . brisket. If you are looking for some good BBQ go to Mickey Rays in Eagle or East Boise. Good stuff!
AND FINALLY . . . the best part of the trip was going to the game. GA fans are crazy. I have never been to a place where people are so into a sport. Kyle and Nate say all SEc games are like this. The game was in the GA Dome which holds like 70,000 people and it was packed! There were a measly 7500 Boise State fans and the rest were from GA. So needless to say it was a little intimidating. Everyone goes crazy! When we were walking in everyone was barking and yelling as they went to their seats.
The good news was that it got quiet in there really soon! The game was awesome. Ga fans were sooooooo pissed, but it made the walk home for the game more enjoyable than the walk there!
Thanks to Nate and Katlin for an awesome weekend! We had a blast!
No comments:
Post a Comment